What is the Telegram?
Telegram is a messaging app that local pilots use to discuss current flying opportunities and arrange rides. Telegram is super-fast, simple and free. You can use Telegram on all your devices at the same time — your messages sync seamlessly across any number of your phones, tablets or computers. There are several ways to use Telegram.
Next Step – Join the Conversation
Regardless of which way you want to use Telegram, you will need to click here to join the SBSA group chat. The telegram app has notifications that will help when trying to coordinate to go flying. You may want to learn about the notifications and how to turn them on and off. For instance when you are at work and everyone is blowing up your phone with notifications that they are going flying might be a good time to turn off the notifications rather then removing the app because you are annoyed that you can’t go flying. Just turn them back on when you do want to go flying and get the messages that people are meeting to go fly.
Tips and Tricks for Telegram Group Notifications
The general settings for notifications on Telegram lets you customize the notifications for the entire chats and groups. If you want to disable notification for a specific chat or a group, you need to do as follows:
- Open the Telegram on your Android device
- Tap the chat/conversation/group you want to manage the notifications for
- Tap the contact/group name on the top to open the details
- Tap the Notifications and Sounds option
- And there you can manage the notifications, including the vibration and sound
iOS (iPhone, iPad)
- Open Telegram App
- Go to Telegram Settings
- Tap Notifications and Sounds
- Select Group Notifications
- Select desired settings