Requirements for Solo Training and Tandem Flying
Please review our requirements to enjoy paragliding and stay safe
Some experts are saying life won’t be back to normal for a long time. Eagle has put a great deal of planning into our program to be ready for the long haul. We have put serious thought and consideration into SOP’s to keep staff and students as protected as they want to be.
We are booking solo flying and tandems. Tandems obviously present a challenge to social distancing. However, since it’s one on one, as long as participants wear basic PPE we feel good about it. Additionally, the tandem and passenger are only getting exposure to one other person while flying reducing the risk considerably.
We can keep 6 feet of social distance in addition to wearing PPE. There will be instances where we must be in proximity, but we can social distance for the vast majority of your training if you desire. We will ask you your preference when you arrive for training. You will be riding in our 15 passenger van for the 2 minute ride back to launch. We will keep the number of passengers in the van rides to a minimum, and you may be able to ride with the friends and family in your group. There is also the option to hike back up the hill if you wish.
Elings Tandems and Mountain Tandems
Pilot and passenger will fly with a face cover and gloves. We will also wear face covers for the van ride up to fly. You will be riding in our 15 passenger van for 20-35 minutes to launch. We will keep the number of passengers in the van rides to a minimum by taking only our tandem passengers and pilots.
We request our customers bring the following items for their flying actives. Note that we will the essential items if you are unable to bring the, with you.
- Face Cover – any type of face mask you have been using is required. We sell Eagle Buff’s for sun protection, and to keep the dust out of our nose and mouth. Eagle Buff’s are what our staff will be using as face masks. They are versatile, a can be incorporated for many activities and uses in your daily life, especially with covering our faces becoming the norm. Anyone is welcome to wear a mask instead of a Buff, or wear both.
- Gloves – light gloves for solo training, and summer tandems. Warmer gloves for tandems September through April.
- Hand Sanitizer – Its always a good idea to have this with you, and put some on before you put on you gloves.
- Helmet – Your cycling or skiing fits you perfectly. We suggest you bring one or the other if possible.
- Pen – You completed digital forms, but there is one more form we are unable to put online everyone must complete. It would be mindful if you can bring you own pen to sign this form.
- Sunglasses – Don’t worry about them falling off. This is not an issue. You will be happy you have you sunglasses while flying.
- Long Sleeves Shirt – These are essential for sun and abrasion protection.