The paid pre-orders for these units we received have sold out our expected stock arrival in late October 2021. These units not currently in stock. The next batch of these units will arrive in early 2022. Add your name to our XC Tracer Waitlist to be informed when these units are in stock, and ready for purchase.
MAXX Vario Unit
- Maximum intuitive
Screens reduced to the essentials allow intuitive flying. Icons instead of text for effortless interpretation – you don’t have to read a manual. We have designed the screens to be as easy to read as possible – you only have to look at the vario for a short time and you have already read all the essential information, so that you can again observe the airspace and concentrate on flying. For the display we use a special hardened glass, which avoids disturbing reflections and is very robust at the same time.
- You can choose which screens you want to have displayed. You can choose from the following screens:
- Simple: Vario analog, Vario digital, altitude, speed over ground, compass
Standard: Vario analog, Vario digital, altitude, speed over ground, compass, wind, glide ratio, flight time
Thermal: Vario analog, Vario digital, altitude, wind, thermal assistant, altitude curve of the last 30 seconds
Buddy: Displays altitude, vario, position and status of up to 8 buddies, plus the position and status of up to 100 Flarm
Airspace: Not ready yet, will follow in the next few weeks.
- The screens are fixed and cannot be changed. Functions for competitions and XC are not planned at the moment, everyone is flying with a tablet with XCTrack anyway.
- Maximum social
You can always see where your Buddies are flying. The Maxx has a real Flarm built in, which means that Maxx can receive data from other Flarm. If you see a friend at the take off and want to add him as a buddy, you can do that with a few clicks on the red button, only the vario with Flarm has to be switched on and may not be further away than 30m.
- You can add up to 8 Buddies, so you always know how far away they are, how high they are, and the climb / sink rate is also displayed. And then you see also on the display whether the respective Buddy is still flying or not.
- And finally, the position of your Buddies is continuously stored. In the worst case, if a buddy doesn’t show up in the evening, you can check in your XC Tracer Maxx where your buddy was the last time a Flarm signal was received. You will find latitude, longitude, altitude and status. This information can be very helpful in locating a missing paraglider pilot. You can also use your XC Tracer Maxx as a search device, as all nearby Flarm signals are displayed.
- Maximum simplicity
To make the operation as easy as possible, we have only one button with which the Vario can be operated. The operation is super simple, you will be surprised how easy it is. You can adjust almost all settings with just one button. And for the last details there is still the possibility to connect the Vario to the computer and put the finishing touches on the config file.
- Maximum proven
Red Bull X-Alps, world records and countless other pilots swear by XC Tracer technology. Take a closer look at the photos of the Red Bull XAlps 2019, in this competition more than half of the pilots flew with an XC Tracer. Look for a small black box with a red string and a red button in the photos – these are all XC Tracer varios!
- Maximum compactness
- To make the Vario as compact as possible we spared no expense and developed an internal Flarm antenna. This antenna is so broadband that it works all over the world, whether you fly in Europe, USA, Australia or anywhere else. And to ensure that you can fly legally, the Vario is CE and FCC certified.
- Maximum endurance
The vario has a built-in lithium-polymer battery, which when fully charged has at least 60 hours of continuous operation, including data transmission via BLE and recording of IGC and KML files, and of course the operation of the Flarm chip with transmission and reception of Flarm data. The battery can be recharged with the included USB – C cable.
- Maximum weight-saving
The XC Tracer Maxx weighs only 120 grams, so it is easy to take with you on Hike & Fly.
- High-resolution B&W LCD, 536×336 pixels, perfectly readable
- Five different screens selectable, from simple screen to air spaces
- Simplest operation
- Legendary sensitive vario technology, with no time lag
- FLARM with transmission and reception of data, integrated antenna
- FLARM obstacle database (optional)
- FLARM Display of position and height of Buddies
- Data transmission via BLE to mobile phone/tablet/E-reader
- IGC and KML Logger, approved by the FAI for competitions
- Many compatible apps for Android/iOS
- Freely configurable sound settings with our tone simulator
- Running time with full battery at least 60h
- Firmware update via drag & drop
- Size: 92x68x18 mm
- Weight 120g
- CE and FCC Certification
- Swiss made
MAXX Remote Control
The XC Tracer Remote Control (for Maxx) makes it possible that you have full control over your XC Tracer Maxx, without having to touch the vario. There is no need to release the brakes when you want to change screens or modify the settings. You can do all this using the RC that is attached to your risers. But one thing is not possible: To switch off the Maxx using the RC. And double click is not supported too. Everything else is identical to the red button of Maxx. So no time needed to get familiar with the RC, you already know how to use it. You will like it from the first moment you use it!
The RC is a low power device and only consumes power when you press the button. A fresh battery will last for years of flying. But take care when you stow away the RC, make sure that nothing does press on the red button. This may full discharge the battery in a few days.
How do you pair the RC with Maxx? Very easy: Switch on Maxx as you would when you go flying. Then put the RC very close to the Maxx, preferably to the left side where the USB connector is. Then press the red button of the RC until you hear a short beep. Once this is done then the RC is paired. If you are not successful then try again. You will need to press and hold the button for 10-15 seconds until the pairing is done. The pairing needs only to be done once, Maxx will now always remember the RC.