WINNING PERFORMANCE AND HANDLING
We designed the MERU for record breaking cross country flights, and top-level competitions. An aspect ratio of 6.9 combined with a sophisticated two-liner construction make the MERU the perfect glider for expert pilots to get the most out of their flying day. The MERU has the handling that UP is known for; direct, sharp and fun to fly. The MERU’s agility and communication mean that the pilot will find the thermal faster, and climb more efficiently. Complex internal structure combined with two-liner pitch control make the MERU very stable at speed, with awesome performance into a headwind.
While flying it you feel that every little piece of lift is converted into height, while the glider searches out more lift. With optimized attachment points, 84 cells, and a super clean leading edge the MERU is a true thermal surfer.
- Rear-riser control system, to work the AOA independently left and right, and keep the speed bar at pulley-to-pulley level even through turbulence
- New Generation “Shark nose” Aerofoil
- Double 3D panel shaping
- Leading Edge 3D negative panel shaping for a cleaner and stiffer leading edge
- UP low-drag line attachment points on the canopy
- Mini ribs along trailing edge
- Upper and lower skin rods for collapse resistance
- Long FSS (Front Section Support system) long rods
- BTS brake tensioning system
- Precise design of risers with different accelerator travel of central and external parts of the wing
- Unsheeted lines of low diameter to reduced line drag
- Swept back wingtips for better handling and improved climbing